Tuesday, January 6, 2015

whelp, that wasn't good!

I realized something about me today.  I think I already knew it but I finally "got it"  You know how they say losing weight is 90% what you EAT and 10% what you DO? That may be true but if I don't DO something, I feel like it gives me a free pass not to EAT the right things.  I know it should be the opposite- not burning calories would mean not to take in as many, but that is not what happened. 

Today is my running day.  It's cold.  I'm tired.  I didn't want to go.  I was going to be the good girl and go anyway.  I took the boys to play with their cousin today since I had to go to work later.  So, I had planned to take them early enough that I could stop by the gym on the way home.  Well, I forgot my phone.  My legs don't go fast if I can't hear Taylor Swift.  I really had every intention of coming home and getting my phone and heading right back to the gym.  Until I walked in the door.  I put on a load of laundry, checked facebook, and then just gave in.  Soreness was setting in from yesterday's boot camp anyway.  I need a day to recover, right? I took a nap.  It was not nearly as awesome as a run would have been. 

I had to grab some lunch before getting to work so I picked up a sandwich.  Tomorrow starts my 24 day challenge, so I was getting my bread fix while I could.  After doing the one massage I had on the books today, I had a hair appointment.  That went into my snack time. I was REALLY hungry, which is a bad thing. I had to run into Target to look for something warm for tomorrow's boot camp and got some popcorn.  And a Soda.  Crap it all, what am I doing people???? 

I picked up the guys from my sister in laws and headed home. I knew I would be having a smoothie for supper because I had a thing at church tonight. Quinn made them spaghetti while I got ready.  Of course I didn't give myself enough time to get to the good smoothie place across town.  The closes thing to me?? Ellianos- home of the million calorie latte.  What the heck, I didn't work out AND I had popcorn? Might as well enjoy one more coffee. I'm such a failure!!!

There was a very big silver lining when a lot of the ladies at church noticed I had lost weight.  Oh yeah, back on track! Tomorrow is MY DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment