Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Boot camp day 1:

Naturally, the first day I have to get up at 4:45, I have the worst night of sleep ever!! Between not sleeping, the dog and baby not sleeping and then finally falling asleep only to wake up in a panic that I overslept, I was actually glad for my alarm to go off!!

I laid out all my stuff last night, so it didn't take long at all to get dressed.  Drank me a SPARK and ate an apple and I was out the door.  There were a lot more people than I expected- about 25 ladies.  We did a few warm up stretches and then took it outside to run around the parking lot.  I am so glad that I have been running. Had this been 6 months ago, I would not have been able to do it. But the warm up was just that, a warm up! Yay me!! Ok, so I have never done a boot camp type deal before so maybe this is how they all work, but she divided us into the four corners of the room and gave us circuit like things to do.  I liked most of the exercises, HIIT type stuff, buuuut I will have to get used to the format.  I am a very structured person; one that is used to Bodypump type classes. I know what to expect and in what order to expect it.  That was not the case this morning. A good thing since I joined for a change up, but definitely out of my comfort zone.  I made it through the whole workout without throwing up.  Win for Amanda!

While I hate mornings, there is a great sense of accomplishment to come home and the house is still quiet. My guy was in the shower after doing some in home exercising (he sacrificed his morning run so I can do this class) and the boys were still asleep.  I managed to get a load of laundry in, straighten the living room, and shower before the kids got up.  Score! While they were waking up, I made myself a green smoothie (today's flavor included spinach, pineapple, mixed berries, 1/2 FRESH banana, nectarine, and almond milk)

I was home during lunch.  I had planned on picking the boys up and us going to lunch together but they wanted to stay at school a little longer, so I waited.  I was getting hungry though and I have learned not to let myself get hungry, so I went ahead and fixed me a lunch with what I had on hand.  It was pretty delish if I say so myself.  Higher in calories that I would usually have but still great!

After picking up my fellas, we went to Jumping Jacks to bounce for a while, Usually I just sit and watch them play, but there's no calorie burning in that so I jumped too!! I took some oranges for us to snack on and the bottomless pit that is my 6 year old ate all of them!! Thankfully, my car is a mess and in the mess I found an individual serving of peanut butter. THAT I ATE WITH MY FINGER.  Desperate measures and all that. 

Quinn and I tagged team supper.  The grown ups had a delish grilled shrimp salad while the munchkins ate mussels and noodles. 

 
That pretty much how day one went!  

No comments:

Post a Comment