Sunday, January 11, 2015

24 day challenge day 4: I will eat your face!

I have to work today.  It's not ideal working on a Saturday, but it's one Saturday a year. I enjoy the work and the pay is great.  I set up my chair in a conference room at a development company in town and they pay me to do chair massages on their employees.  I started the day running late- you know thinking you have more time than you actually do.  I planned on eating these muffins, but didn't have time so I grabbed a piece of turkey bacon (we used in place of prosciutto because I am cheap like that) and a boiled egg and ran out the door.  Side note, I left my 4 year old screaming "Don't leave me mama!!" That was brutal and didn't add to the stress of the morning.

My eating times were going to be off because the massages were 10 minutes back to back so right before I started I ate a KIND bar. OMG I could eat a whole box.  They aren't ideal but good in a pinch.  I set my water next to my chair so I could take a sip between every appointment.  By lunch, I was really hungry.  They provided me lunch- again not ideal but I knew that going in.  A sandwich from Jimmy Johns. I took my Carb Ease, ate an apple I brought from home and ate the sandwich, forgoing chips and cookie.  I finished the day around 2:30 and headed home-starving.  I. am.  Starving.

I got home and wanted to eat everything in site.  I gave Bennett my chips and Levi my cookie but I HAD to try the cookie to be sure it was peanut free for Bennett to have some.  I ate another apple and some peanut butter. Then had a glass of almond milk.  Still hungry. I made the grocery list for next week and we went to Saturday night service at Church.

I loved church tonight.  Very low crowds (we usually sit with about 900 other folks) But I was hungry so I had to really focus on not thinking about eating afterward.  The message was great and just what I needed to hear.  After church, we headed to Applebees for supper.  I had planned my meal in advance- chicken tortilla soup and a salad but the waitress told me the soup was super spicy.  Scratch that.  I ate some new shrimp and brocolli pasta thing that was in their "low calorie" option.  I ate it all and WAS STILL HUNGRY!!

Next, came the grocery store.  Last week and this week, we have gone shopping as a family on Saturday evening to keep from having to do it on Sunday. We are trying to make Sunday more about family time and less about chores to get ready for the next week.  We spent way too much money, as usual but I feel ready for a healthy week. Got all the groceries put away and guess what? I am starving.  I had another KIND bar and told Quinn I had to go to bed so I would stop eating. Maybe tomorrow I will be full.

No comments:

Post a Comment