Saturday, January 24, 2015

24 day challenge day 17: That's what I'm talking about!!

TWO. POUNDS.  Once I regrouped I lost two pounds.  Now, I'm not going to sit on this for very long because it can fluctuate either way, but it's just what I needed at 5 AM.  So, Spark is mixed. Apple is eaten and to Bootcamp I go!!

Remember how I said I was glad I had taken some time off? Scratch that.  Even two days of no exercise makes a difference. And today was not fun.  Well, maybe a little when it was over. It was a circuit workout- mostly strength exercises.  Of course I had to modify a good bit of it but I felt strong.  I felt good. 

Came home and had my before breakfast packet.  Got dressed.  Drank my chocolate mocha shake.  Be proud. I actually bought some berry shakes to mix things up during the Lean in 13.

Work was blah today.  It's a good day to be a massage therapist-rainy. But after an early workout and being hooked to a book with some pretty sad parts, I was feeling yucky. I ate a boiled egg for my snack.  My massages fell weird today so I actually had to take my before lunch pills during a massage.  I would just slip one in my mouth and drink a sip of water every time I went to that side of the table.  Lunch??? Leftover chicken chili.  Oh yeah. I didn't eat my afternoon snack until late because I had to put our Christmas décor in the attic while someone was there to help me.  By 5:00, I was starving.  I only ate the apple I brought since we were going to dinner pretty soon.

The boys picked Cheddars, and I was ok with that.  Pretty ok choices there.  I looked at my fitness paly before we went to check calories for possible meals.  Little tip: sometimes the "healthy choice" options on the menu are not the healtiest choices on the menu.  I opted for the key west chicken and shrimp.  This is where it gets complicated: sauce on the side.  Green beans and carrots (because Bennett loves carrots) no rice.  It was very good and a little higher in calorie than what I would eat at home, but overall I was happy with the choice. Confession:  the kids didn't eat all their honey butter cresent rolls. Before I could even think about it, I had a piece.  And then a piece of chicken tender.  GAHHHHH!  Not worth it people!!

I started guzzling the water as soon as we got home because even though I made the best choices I could, I know that the food was high in sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment