Saturday, January 3, 2015

Losing it in 2015

It is no secret that I have fought, and lost for the most part, with my weight.  I started with advocare last year and have done fairly well and getting the weight off. Last fall, I got really serious.  Very long, pitiful story short- a kid in Bennett's class told him his mom was fat.  I hate all the personal issues that come along with being unhealthy; from heartburn to clothes shopping. But this, this was what got my butt in gear.  So, 25 pounds and several inches were lost.

Now, to the present.  I have gained about 9 of those pounds back since Thanksgiving. It always sucks having to redo something you worked so hard for, but it's worth it and if I don't do it now, I will be right back where I started 6 months ago.  So, I have a plan!!

Today, I had an orientation of sorts at Her Strength Boot Camp with Maria.  I have never done a boot camp and this one is actually at 5:15 IN THE MORNING!! One of the things I am convicted of on a daily basis is that I HATE MORNINGS!! I am constantly reminding myself of "his mercies are new every morning" and that in the morning, when everything is still, you can really appreciate the Goodness of God.  But, I still hate them.  I worked out with a friend in college before classes and I literally threw up every leg day.  So, this should be interesting.  But I was thinking it would be a good change up from what I was already doing at the gym and kick me into high gear after the holidays. Six weeks.  Eighteen mornings.  I. Can. Do. It.

I have also hooked up with some pretty amazing ladies in facebook group devoted to Disney fans losing weight together.  I don't know any of them in real life, but they encourage me more than a lot of the people I see everyday.  Several of us have decided to run a Disney race together in the fall, so on the days I'm not whining about the time, I will be training for a 10k/half marathon (not sure which I will be ready for!!)

January 7 begins my next 24 day challenge.  I love the Advocare challenges because I am such a structured person and I like knowing what I will be eating when.  And the products just make me feel awesome! After the 24 days are up, I will be doing the Lean in 13 plan to finish up the weeks I am in boot camp.
my picture for a dietbet challenge 1/3/2015

So, along with the support of my family and friends, and lots of prayers, I will continue on this journey.  The finish line is far away, but the race is worth it! I hope to post everyday during this challenge in case anyone else may be interested in how this fat girl is losing it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment