Tuesday, January 13, 2015

24 day challenge day 5: Meal prep like a boss

I finally got to sleep late....really late. I woke up at 9:30 ready to face the day! Saturday church is awesome like that.  I had my catalyst and Probiotic restore first thing this morning, along with a tall glass of water.  Then I began prepping my food.  Now, I know I said yesterday that we are trying not to spend all day Sunday worrying about the upcoming week, but I was on fire!! I wanted to get in the kitchen and cook.  Plus, it kept me busy so I didn't think about eating every single minute.

I started by preparing this berry quinoa that I have been dying to try.  I am trying to love quinoa as much as all my uber fit peeps, but it's just not easy.  I half-ed the recipe just in case we didn't like it. We both gave it a little taste and think it will be great for a quick breakfast option, and with 150ish calories a serving, it's one we will keep around as long as it reheats well. Speaking of breakfast, I finally got to eat the turkey bacon wrapped egg muffin today.  It's okay and I will finish all the muffins we made, but I am not in love.  They have a weird fishy taste to them.  Even Quinn said they remind him of oysters. But we have enough for either breakfast or snacks this week so we will not waste them!
bare with me, I haven't perfected my photo taking skills
Next I put on some soup in the crockpot to have for supper tonight as well as lunch tomorrow.  It should make enough to freeze or have on hand for a couple of lunches if we need them.  It's a new chicken tortilla soup recipe I found at advorunner. It's pretty heavy on canned stuff but I rinsed what I could so hopefully it won't be too full of sodium.  After that was in the pot, I ate the last Kind bar in the box.  I can't buy anymore- they are like crack.  Then I fixed lunch for today.  Some venison meatballs that were in the freezer along with peas and corn casserole (for the littles-they love the stuff)

I am cooking "boiled" eggs in the oven for the first time today.  They will serve as snacks for the both of us a few days this week.  While they cook, I am tortured by the smell of popcorn so the boys will watch a movie and not kill each other.  I love popcorn.  But I am strong.  And I need to lose some weight so I can not only win the diet bet, but beat my sister and brother in law.  We have a friendly wager.  Whichever couple losses the least % of weight has to watch the kids while the winner goes on a date.  Quinn is rocking it so I don't want it to be my fault we lose. 

I forgot the chocolate chips for the no bake energy bites, which are seriously the best thing since popped corn, so I will make a last minute trip to the store a little later to grab some and have those ready to go tomorrow.

I was so busy cooking that I forgot to have my snack, but we ate the soup pretty early so I wasn't starving.  Everybody (except Levi) LOVED the tortilla soup. 
 
 
I feel really good about this week.  I am ready.  Maybe.  So, at bedtime I took my Catalyst and Herbal cleanse (aka horse pills) and drifting off into sweet slumber dreaming about burpees.

No comments:

Post a Comment