Thursday, January 8, 2015

24 day challenge day 1: the dreaded fiber drink

Once again, I had a hard time sleeping last night.  4:45 came too soon, but I got up, drank a SPARK and made it to boot camp.  I loved it today!! I don't know if it was the Spark/catalyst combo or just the days workout, but I was in my zone! We did a thing called "plus 1's". For example, we started with 1 push up with rows at the bottom, then did 3 squats with dumbbell raises, and 5 mountain climbers.  The next round we did 2, 4, and 6. We continued this for 7 minutes then went outside to run 1 lap, came back in and did another 7 minutes with different exercises, 3 times through.  I liked that everyone went at their own pace and did their own modifications. We did abs, ran again outside and stretched.  Boy did I feel great!!






When I got home, it was time for the worst part of the advocare 24 day challenge- the fiber drink.  The taste isn't nearly as bad as the texture, and I have a real thing with textures. I have learned in my past challenges to mix it with really cold orange juice and drink it quickly through a straw.  I got it down with very little issue, except for the last little bit.  GAG!! But its done for a day so Yay! PS- the peaches and cream isn't nearly as bad. I try to alternate which one I do each challenge, as one is geared more toward digestion and the other for kidneys. 




Since school started back, I had to get the boys up and ready for school.  They fell asleep super early last night so it wasn't too bad getting them out of bed.  I made my green smoothie and sipped on it while we all got ready- it was amazing!! But pretty high in calorie for breakfast. Luckily, 1/2 a serving filled me up so it was about 200 calories.  It's called a buckeye smoothie and it tasted like a milkshake! As long as you didn't look at it! You can find the recipe here. I will for sure be having that bad boy again! 




Work was great.  Fairly easy day. Ate my snack of hummus and carrots/celery, drank my water, did my thing.  For lunch, I had another shrimp salad because it was so yummy the other day.  I tempted myself by going by the cookie store and picking up both boys a "colossal cookie"  My plan was for them to eat their cookies and I would eat my snack outside when we got home.  Of course, they sniffed out their cookies like bloodhounds and ate them on the way home.  When we pulled up in the driveway, our neighbors were outside.  We love our neighbors, so I let the boys play with their kids while we talked.  Uh oh. I haven't eaten!!! All is good until my little cutie didn't want anymore of his cookie.  I may have finished it for him,  The first day I am already cheating!! Somebody stop me!! Well, we hung out with our neighbors while Quinn grilled chicken and prepared the fixings for another salad. We normally don't eat this many salads, but I am digging the right now, so salad it is! Oh yeah, and mom of the year right here fixed our children a frozen pizza.  I did pair it with some fresh cucumber so I get some points for that. 




I drank my green tea with a shot of apple cider vinegar while I listened to Bennett read.  Any parent out there who has a child learning to read, go buy your kid's teacher something nice.  Right now. It's a painful thing, helping your kid read when he cries every time he misses a word.  Anyway, by this point in the day, I can barely keep my eyes open.  My body hurts.  I'm ready for bed!  It's 8:30...


I succumbed at about 9:00, with only 300 only steps and 16 oz of water left in my daily goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment