Thursday, January 15, 2015

24 day challenge day 8: Trust the Process

I was feeling like I lost at least 30 pounds since I have been busting it physically and following the plan nutritionally.  Sooo, I weighed...


WHAT?!?!??!? I am up A WHOLE POUND since yesterday. I know I'm not suppose to weigh everyday, but I have a dietbet to win so I am trying to stay on top of things.  Talk about being discouraged.  True, I have lost 3 pounds in a week. True, I feel better than I have in months.  True, my belly isn't poking out as far.  But I wanted the number to change!!


This is not my first Advocare challenge, nor will it be my last.  Since getting serious with my challenge in August I have lost 20 pound, gone down a pants size, and can tie my shoes without feeling out of breath.  I know it works. I just have to trust the process and forget the scale.  For now.  So, I will stay the course and know that the end result will be much bigger than this morning's disappointment. 


So, banana for a quick snack before Bootcamp this morning- and of course, my Spark, Catalyst and probiotic restore.  Bootcamp kicked my butt, literally, this morning.  Lots of booty action-lunges, squats, rainbows, leg lifts, you name it. Came home and had another 1/2 of English muffin and some peanut butter.  Snack was a boiled egg and couple of pieces of watermelon.  Lunch was leftover spaghetti squash with sauce.  My afternoon snack was a slice of Boar's Head turkey with hummus.  That junk is legit!


We have Life group on Wednesday nights.  It's similar to Sunday School, but we meet in homes and have it on Wednesdays.  Anyway, that meant an early supper so we wouldn't starve before we got home.  We ate a delicious new recipe tonight! It will be making a regular appearance on our menu.  it's chicken and asparagus stir fry and you can find it here. I served it over a tiny bit of brown rice just to give it some "staying power."


We had a great time fellowshipping and spending time discussing the sermon from this weekend.  By the time we got home, it was time to rush through the bedtime stuff, take my Herbal cleanse and hit the hay! Another day of success behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment