Tuesday, January 27, 2015

24 day challenge day 18: smoked

Ahh. The weekend.  Time to relax.  WRONG! Bootcamp was at 8:15 this morning so I treated it like any other day, except with an extra two hours of sleep. Woke up, had my normal morning fuel and went on to bootcamp. I think Maria really likes Saturday's because she is killer!! We did a workout called "smoked" today and it was sooooo hard.  We had 11 exercises, mostly strength but some cardio.  Each exercise was done 50 times.  Between each exercise, we had to go outside and run a lap.  There's a nursing home next to the gym and it looked like to folks had "fallen into eternal sleep" because two stretchers with body bags were outside.  Let me tell you, if there is anything that can motivate you to keep running and get in shape, a bodybag will do it.  Once we were done with all our exercises, it was time to finish up with a group sprint.  At this point, I was thinking I may at least need the nursing home, if not the body bag. 

Once home, I had my before breakfast packet and showered. Then came breakfast of another shake.  Normally, I let myself have a "real breakfast" on the weekends to keep from getting tired of the shakes, but it's what I wanted. Today was cleaning day of sorts.  Now, all three guys are home so it's like torture to try and clean.  I pulled sheets off the boy's bed and got everything picked up to be vacuumed.  After coming back from the laundry room, they had pulled the mattress off the bed and made a fort!! Now who am I to ruin father/son bonding time so I just let it go, had some lunch (leftover chili again), and relaxed.


Once Quinn was done bonding with the boys, it was my turn.  A local ballet school was doing a production of Sleeping Beauty, and I am trying my best to turn my little men into well rounded human beings. So, we went on a date to the ballet.  Bennett loved it but Levi, not so much.  I think part of it was he was tired.  Once great thing about it was, I had Quinn take a picture of us before we left.  The one on the left is us in April 2014 seeing "Honk" from our kid's theatre. The one on the right is today.  Really puts all the hard work into perspective.  Makes me proud that I haven't given up on myself-like usual. 


After the ballet, we went to Bruster's for ice cream.  You know, just to torture myself.  Once we got home, I had a snack of rice cake and peanut butter.  We were going to Saturday evening church service again so Quinn put together our chicken enchiladas, We tweaked the recipe by changing out greek yogurt for sour cream, only used 1/2 the amount of cheese. Once that was prepped, it was time for church.  Took a leptilean and a bottle of water for the service and got my worship on.


Once we got home, it felt like forever before our enchiladas were done.  In reality, it was only 30 minutes, but I was starving!! They were really good.   A little higher in calorie than the link says ( I put our ingredients into my fitness pal) but I was still able to eat 1 and 1/2 and felt very full.  Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment