Saturday, May 14, 2011

I love my butt...

Ok, I wasn't going to post this one, but after sharing it with my bible study ladies, I thought you might enjoy it. Maybe get a good laugh, maybe relate to it a little.

My sister in law, Deaven sent me an email a while back with a link to a Girlfriends In God devotion. I have always struggled with my weight. And after having Levi, have tried very hard, with no success, to get my body back.  Weight issues almost always lead to body image issues, so it took me a while to want to take on this devotion. But I did, and it actually felt pretty good. And it made me cry. And smile. And realize that God made me in His image, and gave me a husband that thinks I am beautiful in spite of my flaws.

  • I love my hair.  It feels so good to be brushed and it makes me feel like a girl when I fix it.
  • I love my eyes. I can see my daddy in them.
  • I love my nose. I think it's cute
  • I love my mouth. There's a lot of money in this grill
  • I love my ears. I can hear my kid's laugh.
  • I love my neck. It keeps my head on straight :)
  • I love my skin. It show's my heritage.
  • I love my breasts. They have fed my boys.
  • I love my arms. I can hug my husband.
  • I love my hands. They are my livelihood.
  • I love my fingers. I have them to interlace with my loves.
  • I love my belly, stretch marks and all (welll, I am still working on this) It reminds me that I carried chidlren in my body.
  • I love my butt. It fills out my pants. (and then some)
  • I love my legs. They are strong.
  • I love my feet. They take me where I need to go.
  • I love my toes. I can pick things up with them.
So, there. I do love my body. The one my Creator made for me. I will probably always struggle  with my body image, but I will contine to pray that I can see myself as God sees me: wonderfully made in His likeness.

3 comments:

  1. This made me smile!! We should love our body no matter what becaues that is what God gave us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!! Did you come up with it? You are a natural writer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you because you are a great friend/person:)

    ReplyDelete