Friday, August 5, 2011

Meeting Baby Tal

While we were at the beach, my sister in law, Deaven decided to have her first son, Tal Jesse Thomas. Of course, it was the one night that I left my phone in the truck so when we woke up the following morning Quinn looked at his phone and said "Deaven is in labor"  Being a man, he didn't know, or feel the need to know, any more of the details. Me, on the other hand, wanted to know EVERYTHING! I was so excited. First because someone I love very much is about to experience the best thing ever, second because babies being born is super fun, and third because that little guy is my newest nephew.  Deaven and Stewart were pretty good about keeping us posted, and we finally got the call that Tal made it here and was healthy and a cutie. 

I called Deaven and/or Mrs. Marilyn everyday to check on everyone. And let me tell you, that Deaven is a strong woman.  She had to have a dang root canal the day after coming home from the hospital.  You don't ever see that on Bringing Home Baby. Anyway, we made arrangements to go visit the following week.  We decided to leave Bennett with my parents for the weekend so I could focus on being a help, not a hinderence.  Levi went with us since he is still nursing.  It was only the second time I have left Bennett for more than a night, the first being when I was in the hospital with Levi.  It was hard on me, but he loved sleeping between Mimi and Papa.
When we got to Deaven's house, she was sleeping with Tal right next to her. I just get choked up when I see a new mama-it's such a sweet feeling to see someone loving something as much as you love your own.  boy let me tell you, that little fella is a cutie!  He has what I like to call "chicken hair," that hair that goes everywhere, and lots of it. 

I went up to help Deaven with breastfeeding, but she and Tal already had that figured out. I love seeing a breastfeeding mama. Don't get me wrong, if someone chooses not to do it that's cool. But I LOVE breastfeeding so I love sharing it with other mamas.  Quinn and I had so much fun watching Deaven and Stewart become parents.  And Levi loved meeting his new cousin.

So now that Tal is here, we get to anticipate the arrival of Quinn's brother's son, Aaron:)




1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I have to admit, I shed some tears reading this and reliving the experience. Ya'll were such a GREAT help and Stewart and I appreciate it so much. He is still talking about that Chicken Pot Pie so I'm glad ya left the recipe! Tal is doing wonderful with breastfeeding and you were a huge help with that! We can't thank you enough! Love yall!

    ReplyDelete