Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Levi is 8 months old

Well, another month has passed.  I know everybody talks about how quickly times goes and how fast your children grow up, but Levi seems to be in turbo mode. I guess it's because we have Bennett to keep up with too, so we don't notice those subtle changes anymore. It's almost like a soap opera- you know, when the kids go upstairs and when they come down again, they've age about 10 years.  Well, maybe I am exaggerating a bit, but you get the point.

Levi is so stinking funny. He loves to laugh and to smile- and laughs and smiles at everything.  He also has a temper. Boy does he have a temper. We now have to take things away from him that may (um...WILL) end up in his mouth. And he screams-not a "you hurt my feelings" kind of scream, but an "I am so mad I could scream" kind of scream.  He has the cutest little mad face though, so I usually end up laughing at him before I can console him.  He is also into everything. I let him crawl around the other morning while I was taking care of Bennett. When I found him, he was soaking wet, with a huge smile and water droplets on those long eyelashes, next to the dog's water bowl. When I asked him what he was up to, he just laughed and laughed. I have a  feeling this is a sign of things to come.

Developmentally, he is a genius (of course) He is crawling everywhere.  He can get up on all fours but still prefers to army crawl himself around. He can go from sitting to crawling and crawling to sitting.He just recently started pulling up, but only attempts that when I am close by to save him.  He can say "dada" and "bubba". He can also say "mama" even if I am the only one that has heard him:) He loves to clap and play patty cake.  He also has learned to "motorboat" and thinks its the funniest thing ever.  He still only has two teeth, but another is bound to make its appearance any day now.

pulilng himself up in the crib
He is still in 6-9 month clothes and size 3 diapers. Sadly, I think he is starting to wean himself. He still loves to nurse, but only when he is sleepy.  He's too busy any other time. I am still pumping while I am at work and nursing when I am off, it just takes a little longer because he stops to look around. This may have a little to do with our recent run in with thrush, when nursing wasn't fun for either of us. But we are both healed, so hopefully he will regain interest.  No solids yet, but he does love his puffs and cheerios.  He eats a whole jar of baby food at each feeding, sometimes more, and loves the baby yogurt. That boy can eat!

He still loves his brother very much. Although now we have the challenge of teaching them both to share. All in all, life is great.



playing with his Bubba



No comments:

Post a Comment