Friday, April 15, 2011

my boys



No blog with this title would be complete without a little more information about who it was named for. So, I have decided to give you a little summary about the men in my life. I am sure you will find out more about them as time comes, but here is a little peek:

I met Quinn in kindergarten. I don't really remember meeting him, just remember him always being there. He was the quiet kid in elementary school. In middle school, our classes seeme to be opposite, but because our school was so small, we knew everybody. In high school, he was "Sarah's boyfriend"  We had some classes together, and even went to prom, but neither one of us was really interested in dating each other. We both moved away to college for a while, ran into each other several years later and became friends. Again, no interest in dating (eventhough I told him I was going to marry him one day.)  Three years after running into each other, we got married. It was a perfect day. I can tell you that I loved him more than anything that day, but as I watch him with our boys, I love him even more today.  He is my best friend- the one I call a million times a day to tell him every little thing. He is my support. He works hard so I can be home with Bennett and Levi as much as possible. He wants to better himself-as a father, as a husband, as a teacher, and as a man of God.  He makes me laugh. He always sings the wrong words to a song and know every Heisman trophy winner in order. He procrastinates and it drives me crazy, but he always gets it done and gets it done well. I hope our boys grow up to be just like their daddy.
LCHS prom 1998
Georgia vs. Auburn 2007

Bennett came along almost exactly 2 years after we got married, the day before to be exact.  A week late, he still has a mind of his own.  When they put that 10 pound baby on my chest, I knew I would never be the same. In 2 1/2 years, I have fallen more and more in love with that kid. He is super smart, too smart sometimes. But what is the most amazing thing about Bennett is his kindness. He is the sweetest child I have ever seen.  He cares about other kids; wants to help out whenever he can.  A lady at his daycare gave the best compliiment I think he will ever get.  She said " I think that that's how Jesus was when he was a little boy"  He never meets a stranger (no idea where he got that from)  He loves to be outside, hates loud noises, and would eat candy all day long. I am convinced he is going to be a veternarian when he is older because he is obsessed with animals, both real and plastic.  He is a perfectionist (again, no idea) but loves to make a mess. He likes to read, especially his 'bible study'. He is so fun and I am so glad God let me be his mama.
trying to fill daddy's shoes

Just over 4 months ago, we were blessed with the arrival of Levi.  As soon as he got here, we knew this little guy was not like his brother. Even from the delivery, they were different.  Levi proved to be a handful in the first couple of month, only wanting to sleep when I was holding him.  The recliner was the best purchase during that time.  I am pretty sure he is going to be our clown-always laughing and smiling.  He doesn't like to take naps, too busy to sleep. He loves TV- already watches it more than Bennett does.  He seems to be a pretty go with the flow kind of kid.  We take him everywhere, strap him in the sling and he just goes with it.  He's even already been down an inflatable slide.  He wants to crawl so bad he can't stand it.  Thankfully, he is a night sleeper. I am so excited to learn more and more about him as he gets older.

just checking things out
Of course, I have Peanut (the cat) as well. Not much to say about him. He's super fat, super lazy and super funny. 

he just had a haircut
So, that's my sweet boys.   I can't imagine life without them.


2 comments:

  1. I thought I commented last night, but it didn't take I guess. Love hearing about the family, I look forward to hearing about your growing family as your blog expands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo i'm pumped that you've entered the blog world! You won't regret it!!!! not only do you have two adorable kiddies but a CUTE cat too!

    ReplyDelete