Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ways Bennett makes me smile

I don't even know how to write this one, but I want to have a record of the funny things that Bennett is up to so, here goes:

1.  Bennett calls sweeping brooming and raking scraping. He calls the broom the broomer. 

2.  He loves to play hide and seek, but doesn't quite understand that he is not suppose to come out of hiding to chase me around.

3.  He likes to play golf with his golfer thinger.

4. He reminds me so much of his grandma because he is cold all the time.  He can be sweating and still say he needs a blanket.

5. When He gets mad at his daddy, he hurts his feelings by saying "I'll break all your coffee cups"

6. He is selectively modest. He loves to be naked, but then he freaks if someone sees his penis.

7.  He scratches my back- one of my favorite things.

8. He LOVES to read. He reads to himself, to his brother, but best of all he crawls up in my lap with as many books as he can hold and lets me read to him.

9.  He is so tender hearted.  He doesn't like to see others sad and wants to "wipe their tears"

10.  He has an amazing imagination. I can't even count how many deer he has killed and how often he goes in to the woods (yesterday)

11.  When he was little, we read a first words book that had lots of animals in it. I made the sound of each animal as we looked at them, but had  no idea what the zebra said. So, I would pinch his knees when we saw a zebra. Now, any time we see a  "beejah" he waits for me to do the same thing.

12.  He likes mo-ca-cyles.(motorcyles)

13. He is fascinated with pantyhose. Mimi wears them to work all the time and he things they are the coolest things ever. Grandma actually gave him a pair and he loves wearing them around the house. I am VERY surprised that Quinn didn't freak out, but he was cool about it.

14.  We were at dinner one night talking about how much hair Levi has as opposed to when Bennett was his age. Quinn made the comment that one day he would lose his hair like his daddy and he cried! He did not want to think about losing his hair.

15. Bennett is so much like his daddy in so many ways, but he definately gets his sleep habits from me.  He naturally stays up late and wants to sleep late (by late, I mean 8:30ish) and if he has to be woken up he is VERY grumpy. It is not wonderful when you are trying to be on a schedule, but it still makes me smile to think that he "got that from me"

16.  He loves Levi. I mean really loves him. He always wants to include his little brother in everything we do.  I actually took Levi to school one day so Bennett and I could have a date and Bennett cried when we left Levi there. 
17.  He prays about everything. And usually that prayer is some form of praise. Even if he is praying for someone to get better, he says "Dear Jesus, Thank you for helping mommy feel better"

18.  I can tell that he has a tiny bit of my OCD tendencies. Now, he is a mess and loves to dump things out of any container. But he also loves to line up his toys, books, etc.  I love it when I find a line of animals through the house. He is also a mega rule follower. He definately tests the limits at home but anywhere else he does exactly as told.

19. He tells me I am his best friend. Nevermind that he tells everyone that they are his best friend. It still warms my heart. 


20.  He looks at me like I am the coolest, most beautiful mommy in the whole world.  Being a woman that has always struggled with self image, this is a very big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment