Wednesday, June 22, 2011

and I still do!

June 3, 2006 was one of the happiest days in my life. I got to marry my best friend, and the man God made just for me.  We got married at 5:00 pm on Fort Mountain in Chatsworth, GA at the Cohutta Lodge.  It was the prettiest day ever!  Even now, I wouldn't change a thing about that day.

Five years later, I can honestly say that I love Quinn more than I did standing at that alter. He is the father of my children. He is my comforter. He is my partner in everything-good and bad.  I bet I call him 10 times a day, and we always have something to talk about. I am still learning things about him- he doesn't like cheddar cheese and thinks strawberry flavoring makes every soft drink better.  He can still make me laugh. I love watching him with the boys. I think he secretly likes Thomas the Train as much as Bennett and I know he likes Kung Fu Panda even more.  We watch Jeopardy together-only in part, we have two kids, remember? He is super smart on the exact opposite things I am. 

Don't get me wrong. No marriage is perfect, just like no person is perfect. We have had disagreements on money, housing, parenting, and of course the S word!! But we have never raised our voice at each other and never said anything super hurtful in the heat of an arguement. Sometimes I want to shake him. I am sure he NEVER feels the same way:)  But overall, I would chose him to spend the day with over any other person in the world.  No matter what.  So, we have 5 years down.  And a lifetime ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment