Friday, July 12, 2013

Hadsock Family Vacation 2013

After a very long hiatus, I am going to try to start blogging again. It will take me a while to catch up on all the things that I want to write about, but I am doing it so I can remember all the fun times I am having with my boys.

When we were planning our vacation this year, Quinn mentioned wanted to visit Central Florida's beaches since we had never been there. So, I started doing what I do best-planning. I asked around, googled and found Treasure Island, FL. It's between Tampa and Clearwater. After much thought, I ended up booking us for four nights at The Thunderbird Beach Resort.  It looked a little old in the pictures, but got great reviews and fit our budget with a little wiggle room. 

Saturday Morning (June 22) we loaded up and headed to the beach! The boys were so excited! At least for the first hour of the ride. Since I knew we were visiting the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, I bought the movie Dolphin Tale for the kids to watch on the way down. They were not interested in watching anything, but luckily kept themselves entertained. We stopped in Gainesville and at BJ's. It's at the mall there and we loved the food! It was a great place to stop and stretch our legs.  After we got back in the car, everyone was full and ready for nap time!

The second half of the trip down was fairly easy since both boys slept most of the way. Traffic was terrible but we managed to get to the motel right at check in- 4:00. 

Our motel was...interesting.  It wasn't terrible, but it was definitely old. It still had the porcelain toothbrush holder glued to the tile in the bathroom. But it was clean! We unloaded our stuff and went straight the beach. Absolutely beautiful!  We were practically the only ones on the entire beach (and it was a loooong walk from the sand to the surf)

We enjoyed a couple of hours in the water before heading to dinner at Sloppy Joes. I really liked it-kid friendly, a quick walk on the beach from our room, good food, and reasonably priced.  After dinner, we strolled along the beach looking for sea shells and enjoying each other. So nice. Then, it started to rain. Not long after the rain started, the storm came.  Luckily we made it back to the room before we got too bad.  This was about the time that Levi started asking to go home. Oh boy. I tried to pump him up about sleeping on the sofa bed (both boys think this is so cool) but he was having none of it.  Quinn and Bennett walked to Walgreens to get breakfast stuff for the next morning while I walked Levi on the beach to try and settle him.  I finally laid him in our bed and let him watch "Team Umi Zoomi" on my phone. He feel asleep very soon after that.  Day one of family vacation is in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment